Monday, May 31, 2010

Back to the known

After my wrist was declared fully healed (nothing like a farm for rest and recovery), I pursued the cruise contract that was retracted after my accident. Well, it turns out that they have no openings for the 'near future'.

Well, that throws a wrench in my plans for working on a cruise ship. Time for plan B.

I can go anywhere in the world and do a wide variety of things. I'm back where I was nearly a year ago. Ok, I'll make an opportunity out of it.

I can teach horseback riding lessons in New Zealand, Italy, Argentina or the UK. I can lead troubled youth through wilderness therapy in the American Southwest. I can work in theater.

But I'm done with the farm life. Over three months of being in one place really got to me. It was time to move on.

Three days after the news from Princess Cruises, I got a concrete job offer out of the blue. Someone from Philadelphia wanted me to production manage a show going to Edinburgh, Scotland in August. There were no guarantees that I'd come to Scotland, but they needed someone in two weeks to help get things in order.

Great.

Back to Philly, where I have plenty of people to stay with, where I know the value of housing in different neighborhoods of the city. Familiarity with a city leads to a million conveniences that one does not particularly appreciate until one moves. Or until one moves around every few months in a consistently uprooted lifestyle.

So I'm in Philadelphia, production managing a show, preparing it to go to the greatest art festival in the world. And trying to find my next adventure.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment