Friday, July 16, 2010

4 Time Zones in 10 days

As I squeeze in visits during my transition from one thing to the next, I've hit 4 zones in one week.

I started in Lander, Wyoming, on Mountain Time. During the long road trip down into California and the climb in Yosemite, I wasn't really on any sort of regular schedule, so I didn't fully convert to Pacific Time. But a trip to San Francisco for a brief visit with my brother fixed that. A couple days in San Fran put me squarely on Pacific Time, especially as I made up for my lack of sleep during the EMT course.

After the visit with my brother, I had to head back to the East Coast to get things squared away for Edinburgh. A cross-country flight to Philly, combined with the stiflingly hot weather, helped me change time zones again, to Eastern. A couple of days of driving, logistics, packing, emailing and more logistics ensued, as I still tried to make up sleep from the course.

All too soon, it was up to New York to fly out of JFK, and on to Scotland, for my fourth and final time zone (for the week, and the next month) was waiting.

From Friday in Lander to the next Sunday in Edinburgh, it was a different rate of travel than my normal thorough pace.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment