Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Underwater Adventures

I'm still trying to find a good solution to taking underwater pictures. Right now, I have a few disposable underwater cameras, but they don't take very good pictures, and they're not very customizable. Actually, they produce surprisingly poor images.


But at least they're something.


I try to get in the water at least once per cruise. I have my own snorkeling gear, so I can walk off the boat and go snorkeling, if there is a beach nearby. There's a great beach in Hilo, and it's only a 20 minute bike ride away. I've gone diving in Honolulu on three occasions. I've gone snorkeling in Kauai a couple times, but it's very hard to get around. I've gone both snorkeling and diving in Maui, and it is spectacular.

Here is a sampling of underwater experiences. I see many turtles, usually at least one every time I'm in the water. The manta ray was something special.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment