Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Adventures

A few weeks ago, I heard that Princess was looking for someone to fill in as Senior Production Manager on one of their smaller ships. A couple weeks ago, my supervisor told me he was putting my name in for the job. A week ago, I heard that head office was going to offer me the job. Now I’m in the airport, headed to Sydney, Australia.


I’m going to be the senior production manager on the Sun Princess, one of three ‘smaller’ ships of the Sun Class in the Princess Fleet. Small means 1900 passengers, 800 crew, 14 decks and two theaters. I’ll be the head of the production department, responsible for the technical support of all entertainment onboard.


I’m joining in Sydney after its final New Zealand run. Unfortunately, I will not be going to New Zealand, although I had always wanted to visit. I will, however, be going to China, Japan, Southeast Asia, the east, west and north of Australia, and, potentially, India and Africa if I stay long enough.


This is why I signed up for cruising.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment: