Friday, September 16, 2011

Fringe Season

I've worked at the Philadelphia Live Arts and Fringe Festival every year since 2006. When I started traveling, I kept returning to Philadelphia in the late summer to continue working at the festival. This year was no different. I spent a solid two months in Philadelphia, working for the festival on various shows and projects.

August was spent loading in various shows, setting up various venues, and generally sweating a year's worth of sweat. I hate hot weather. Especially on the tail end of a cold summer in Paris, then a quick vacation in Switzerland. From down vests to sweaty t-shirts. Ick. Sigh.

September saw a cooling of weather, the opening of all the shows, and the international touring shows rolling into town. The festival is such a draw for me because of the international element. Despite being in Philadelphia, where I have loosely lived for the past few years (not that I live anywhere), companies from all over the world are brought in. I worked with companies from France, England and Belgium in two weeks. Nice.

Then it's over, and it's off to find work elsewhere.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment