Saturday, July 14, 2012

There and back again


I have been trying to get my EMT license in either Idaho or Wyoming since the spring, when I heard I would be in the area for the summer.  I have my Pennsylvania license and national registry, so I figured it'd be easy to fill out some paperwork and get my license.

A few months later, I am in the middle of an Idaho license application, which is permanently stalled, and completing the few last steps for my Wyoming license.

I had to drive to Cheyenne to take a written test to get my license, despite being certified in another state, a member of the national registry of EMTs and having completed an EMT training course in the state of Wyoming.  Cheyenne is 8 hours away from where I live.

So I drove to the other side of the state on a two-day journey to take a 150-question multiple-choice test.  Which took me an hour to complete.


Luckily, I was able to get my fingerprints processed for a background check in the same trip, and now I’m one form away from being a Wyoming-licensed EMT.

Finally.

But it was a nice drive.  I toured the varying geography of Wyoming, from the Tetons to the Winds to the wide, rolling range.




And saw a nice sunset on the way.




Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment