Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kilimanjaro

I have to take a holiday at some point during my mission. I'm in Africa. Kili is on my life list.

Those three facts combined to lead me here, about to depart on a flight to Addis Ababa then onward to Kilimanjaro International Airport. I'm climbing the seven-day Lemosho route. It's the rainy season, so I'll probably be going alone, but I chose the "lite" series, so I'll only have 3 staff with me. Three staff to support one single person... This will be very different from my lone forays into the wilderness, completely independent and self-sufficient.

But it's ok, I'm not looking at this like a backpacking trip. I'm looking at this like a vacation.

A tough vacation to the top of a continent, but a vacation.

Bring it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment