Monday, July 21, 2014

Dessert

My frozen guava smoothie is the closest I'll come to ice cream in a 6-hour drive. I'm blissfully happy as I tuck into my teacup-sized portion.
Dinner tonight was spaghetti with a meat dish in red sauce. The meat I think was some relative of cow (ebu?). But it wasn't trying to be spaghetti bolognese (that's Thursday nights). This meat was still on the bone, demanding constant vigilance for hard bone flakes with each bite. The sauce was a slow-boiled all-day investment, like most traditional Tchadian sauces and meals.
Our self-catered selection of desserts includes my hidden teacup of guava smoothie that I tucked into the freezer at lunch, some Haribo bonbons, and chocolate. I get wired on caffeine, so I pop a few twice-melted gummie shapes (this one might have started as a rocket, or a swordfish, or maybe a mirror ball) in my mouth, grab my mock-sorbet, and head to my room.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment