Sunday, November 30, 2014

Hiking South Moat

Part of my Thanksgiving Vacation included a visit to my Aunt and Uncle's New Hampshire house, which is nestled among the White Mountains.  I had spent some time in the area in 2009, when I climbed a few Presidentials (see posts from late 2009, like this one which I quite enjoyed re-reading).  The day after Thanksgiving, I caught a lift with my parents and headed up to revisit the Whites and to spend a weekend with family.

We looked for a nice short hike that wouldn't be too challenging, and strapped on the snow shoes.  It was approximately a 5-mile round trip, with a summit height of approximately 2500 reasonable feet.  We powered through the trek, with hardly any stops or rests, to come out to a bright, clear day on the summit.








Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment