Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Departures

I had a very smooth journey so far.  That statement calls for the proverbial knocking on wood.

This time, I'm going to Chad for 9 months as the Field Logistician for a malaria project in Moissala.  The project is in its third year of giving a revolutionarily successful malaria prophylaxis, administered to children 3 months to 5 years old.  It is also entirely in French.

I flew from San Francisco to New York City for briefings (mostly everyone was in the field, so my briefings were very brief indeed), had an extra day in the city to hang out, then flew to Ndjamena through Paris.  I spent 4 hours in the airport in Paris, but didn't stop into the office.  It felt weird to not head into HQ, but the desk controlling the project is in New York.  So straight to the field for me, with two international flights.  Couldn't be easier!

Now it's 3 days of briefings in the capital, then I fly to the field in a little plane.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment