Thursday, August 6, 2009

Facing the Music

At the time of my last post, I had packed all my possessions into my car and headed west. I had a job for 7 weeks, and a place to stay. And after that job, life.

Well, 7 weeks is more or less over, and life is staring me in the face. It was another nerve-wracking game of chicken to find something to do next. What would happen first: would I get a job, or would my current living situation expire?

I was at the brink of reconsidering my nomadic lifestyle, of having to stop this romantic game of hobo-ing and consider where I was actually going to sleep at night once I got sick of the cramped conditions of my car (and needed a shower). Then a couple things fell into place, another month sorted itself out, and just like that, the crevasse of uncertainty was pushed back another few weeks.

Life as usual. Apparently. It'll take some getting used to, but I suspect that my nerves will be solid steel after a couple years of this. Game on.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. So what ARE you doing for the next month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fringing in Philly. MEing for Pig Iron, House managing for the festival.

    ReplyDelete