Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guest Entertainers

Princess gets some good entertainment acts on their ships, apparently. I'm not very current in my live entertainer knowledge, so I haven't heard of anyone, but we have comics from last comic standing, a guy about to open an act in Vegas, the Beatlemaniacs and a spattering of other entertainers.

It's my job to design the lights for them. Sometimes the cues for them are already in the board (since acts occasionally rotate around to a ship they've been to before), sometimes they just need a general wash, and sometimes they're quite specific about what they want.

I spent 4 hours last night programming one of the specific requests for a concert tonight. That was a fun and rewarding undertaking, allowing me to play around with these toys that I'm now in charge of. The only down side was that I was programming from midnight to 4am, after a long day of fixing problems and running important conference events, starting at 6:45 in the morning.

It made for a long day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment