Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I've slept in 29 states

My family is relatively well-traveled, so when we were all gathered together in the same city last month, we started talking about who had been to more states. We weren't exactly sure, but my dad ranked pretty high from his bike trip across the country in college. I hands down have lived in more states (7 or 8). But an area of contention came in who has slept in the most states. Visiting is always so vague, with airport stops or driving through. My dad had slept in every state he passed through while biking, so his total was very high. I decided to tally my states:

I have slept in these states because I:

Lived there
1. California
2. Delaware
3. Virginia
4. Pennsylvania
5. Illinois
6. New Hampshire
7. Arkansas

Went to horse shows there:
8. Kentucky
9. Maryland
10. North Carolina
11. Tennessee

Worked there:
12. New York
++ Washington DC
13. Massachusetts
14. Texas

Visited friends there:
15. Maine
16. Connecticut
17. Missouri

Went on family vacation there:
18. South Carolina
19. Florida
20. Alaska
21. Hawaii
22. Colorado
++ Puerto Rico

Drove through (and spent the night):
23. Michigan
24. Ohio
25. Indiana
26. Utah
27. Nevada
28. Kansas

Other reasons:
29. Wyoming (EMT course)
30?. Washington (I worked on a cruise ship sailing out of Seattle: I would wake up having arrived in Seattle, spend the day there, then depart before going to sleep. I don't know if this counts)

Which makes the states that I've been to but haven't slept in:
New Jersey
West Virginia
Rhode Island
Arizona
New Mexico
Vermont
And Washington?

Looks like I've got a lot of sleeping to do. And 14 more states to visit.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment