Thursday, May 17, 2012

Road trip time

It is time to head off on an epic moving trip.  As usual.

I got off the Dawn Princess in April, at the end of my contract, and flew back to San Francisco (on Princess' dime).  There, I spent two and a half glorious weeks of vacation (if you're being charitable; if not, two and a half glorious weeks of unemployment), heading to Yosemite National Park and Muir Woods for some hiking, then Monterey for some scuba diving.  I saw the city, did some errands, and caught up on internet culture.

Then it was across to the east coast, to visit friends in Philadelphia, get my car back from friends who were taking care of it while I was abroad, and straighten out a few loose ends (is that mixing metaphors?).

And tomorrow, it's up to New York, across to Chicago, through the midwest, to South Dakota with its badlands and Mount Rushmore, then to Montana and Yellowstone, finishing in Driggs, Idaho.

Why Driggs, Idaho?

It's the location of NOLS Teton Valley, which I will be working this summer.  Time to get back to nature and help others do the same.  Quite a difference from visiting dozen of countries aboard a floating hotel, but just as adventurous, and just as exciting on my life scale.

Westward Ho!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment