Monday, May 28, 2012

An Update: I have slept in 33 states

Last year, after my (now annual) road trip, I posted about states that I have slept in and visited.  After this year's road trip, I thought it was time to update the list:

I have slept in these states because I:

Lived there
1. California
2. Delaware
3. Virginia
4. Pennsylvania
5. Illinois
6. New Hampshire
7. Arkansas
30. Idaho

Went to horse shows there:
8. Kentucky
9. Maryland
10. North Carolina
11. Tennessee

Worked there:
12. New York
++ Washington DC
13. Massachusetts
14. Texas

Visited friends there:
15. Maine
16. Connecticut
17. Missouri
31. Minnesota

Went on family vacation there:
18. South Carolina
19. Florida
20. Alaska
21. Hawaii
22. Colorado
++ Puerto Rico

Drove through (and spent the night):
23. Michigan
24. Ohio
25. Indiana
26. Utah
27. Nevada
28. Kansas
32. Wisconsin

Other reasons:
29. Wyoming (EMT course)
30?. Washington (I worked on a cruise ship sailing out of Seattle: I would wake up having arrived in Seattle, spend the day there, then depart before going to sleep. I don't know if this counts)
33. South Dakota (went camping there)

Which makes the states that I've been to but haven't slept in:
New Jersey
West Virginia
Rhode Island
Arizona
New Mexico
Vermont
And Washington?
+Montana


Which brings my state-visited total up to 42.  Just 8 more to visit.  Oregon (which might happen in a couple months); North Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa (not sure how that's going to happen); and Oklahoma, Louisana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia (which I can probably get in one go on a road trip across the south.  Not that I particularly want to take a road trip across the south...).

I will hit 50.  And I've got DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and US Virgin Islands already.  Woah.  I'm close.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment