Tuesday, September 8, 2009

News vs Not News

My life is nicely organized, well-planned and stable. Until September 20th. After that, no plans.

That's the extreme version.

The real version is that I have a long list of things that I could do. And plenty of time to do it. I have some pretty exciting finalists, and a couple weeks to figure something out.

What I could be doing after September 20th, realistically:
1. Work on a cruise ship (I was hired by Princess Cruises as a lighting supervisor to travel with one of their ships)
2. Attend training for a troubled teen wilderness therapy program, to become one of their counselors (I'm currently in the hiring process)
3. Hit the trail (I have maps and plans for the Pennsylvania Mid State Trail, stretching from Maryland to New York)
4. Work at a dog sledding kennel in Alaska (I have a phone interview today to check out a position)

So while my life is in flux, and I have no sure future, I know that I will do something fun. I have confidence that I will end up not only doing something, but doing something interesting.

But while all of these paths are well-thought-out, not all of them will come to pass. If I almost worked at a dog sledding kennel in Alaska, that's not news. That's hype, not worth mentioning. Just talk. I like to follow through on things that I said I would do. So if I say it, I do it.

So until I know what I'm doing, I'm not saying anything.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment